You may have already heard about different varieties of parts available in the aftermarket to make your truck look smoother and more stylish. However these aftermarket parts definitely come at a cost. In order to make sure that your mod truck doesn’t end up looking a bit too over the top do keep the following things in mind.
Ideas for truck modifications
- One of the simplest ways of modifying your truck is to buy a set of rims and tires and have those installed in your truck. However, it should be kept in mind that the bigger the wheels the extra it is going to cost you because those wheels need to be wrapped in a whole lot of rubber. You can even choose to go for tires which have been installed with maximum fuel efficiency in mind. However if you are looking for a tire with an aggressive tread pattern you may need to compromise on the fuel economy.
- A leveling kit can add anywhere from one to three inches to your trucks height. It can be fitted on top of the trucks coil spring. The cost may vary from dollar $5o to 500 however you might need to add the suspension lines which might increase the cost to a few thousand Dollars.
- If your truck is frequently traveling at night you may want to invest in light bars. Most of the light bars available in the market come with lifetime warranties and can be added behind the grill or above the tab to make it easier to reverse or load the truck in the dark. It is important to have the light by installed by a qualified electrician because you do not want any electrical issues to develop in your truck.
- Installing side rails is a good way of preventing the wheels rubbing against the rocks while also serving as steps. The right kind of side rails make a classy statement. However this is an improvisation which can set you back from at least dollar 300 to anywhere at dollar 800.
- Installing front grills is one of the biggest statements you can make with your truck. There are plenty of options of front grills in the aftermarket and if you are seriously looking to upgrade the look of your truck, these can serve the purpose. Make sure that the grills you buy come with the light support to enhance the look of your truck.
- You can also modify the bed of the truck by using any kind of covers. The covers can help keep your gear dry and keep it safer you would not even have to remove it every night. A storage bed can be quite useful because it provides storage space for ladders, lumbers and lights.
The above mentioned a few common truck modifications which normally truck owners prefer for their vehicles. However it is essential that you only go for quality aftermarket parts in order to avoid problems later on with your truck modifications.
Australian Bus and Truck Modifications can help you execute your modification ideas into a reality.